I could not have asked for a better weekend with my family down in LA. I have plenty of memories from these past few years, but this weekend probably ranks as one of the most memorable.
So me and Zak left on Wednesday... Got into LA around 10pm. First night there, me, Rashad and Omar got really hungry and got some Jack... ;)
Thursday we cooked all day, watched the Niner game, ate dinner, and then prepped for a long night of shopping at Ontario Mills.
Friday I barely got any sleep, but I woke up and went to La Habra to go visit my Dad at my uncle's place. We talked and had a great Thanksgiving dinner (again). After that, I drove home (tired) and crashed.
Saturday morning, I went with Rashad to drop off my aunt and uncle at LAX for their flight to China... Then we went back home and got ready to leave for USC vs. UCLA tailgating action. Later in the night, we went over to this bar by the house (901), and got some drinks... I had came back from the restroom and noticed that there was this really pretty asian girl sitting next to my cousins... So, I did what any interested guy would do and started talking to her... We were completely hitting it off for a while and then my cousins decided it was time to leve and get some dinner... I was kinda disappointed that I was leaving her, and in general, I felt like I was missing out on a HUGE opportunity to really get to know this person... So I made a decision, I told my cousins that I was gonna go back and try my luck with the girl. They were cool about it... So I went back to the bar, repaid cover, and looked for her... Luckily, she was sitting in the exact same spot as she was earlier. I told her that I was sorry I left, but I had to go say bye to my cousin (a little white lie). We talked for a while, and I was completely loving our convo. I asked her if she wanted me to walk her home... so I walked her home... She said she didn't want to go home just yet and that she wanted to keep talking to me, so we went to Dennys (starbucks was packed), and we got some coffee. We talked for another hour, and I really started to like this girl. She was one of those types that you would bring home to your mother: intelligent, beautiful, and in general, a girl that you would love to get to know... (haha). Anyways, we left and I started to walk her home. We got close to her house and we were kind of 'hug-walking' (I was trying to keep her warm)... We stopped walking and started to really hug, and then I went in and kissed her. She didn't want to go home just yet, and luckily my car was parked 2 blocks away... so we sat in my car and just talked for 2 more hours... by this time it was 3am, and we were both tired... I realized that I really liked this girl, and I didn't just want this to be a one time thing, so we exchanged contact info... I told her I'd be back in LA in 3 weeks so I wanted to see her again... I felt like I really connected with her, and she wasn't just any girl you could meet at a bar... She was really down to earth, intelligent, verrrrrry pretty, and she was studying to become a nurse at CSULA... (just my type of girl, haha). I really hope that I get to see her when I come back down next month... She said she hopes to see me again too :)
Yeah, I know, I'm completely smitten, as Lindsay pointed out to me earlier today.
And then came Sunday... A feeling of absolute dread came over me as I woke up earlier knowing that my really amazing weekend was coming to a close. Me, Rashad, and Dahlia went to Jacks N Joe for some breakfast and then it was off to Walnut to say goodbye to my Dad before I left. Picked up Zak and Mona, and before leaving SouthCali, we stopped in Pasadena for some Lunch... The drive home pretty much sucked, but I had a good time talking with Zak and Mona about my newly-formed crush... They gave me some pretty good advice about my situation since they've gone through something similar so I'm not afraid to see where this goes... (I'm hoping somewhere good).
I can't wait til I'm back in Southern Cali again.
No comments:
Post a Comment