Thursday, December 9, 2010

2 years...

So, what's different 2 years later? (an almost direct cut and paste from 2009)

whatever is italicized is what's new from (since) 2009

-I'm 22 now.. Lol duh. :)
-I'm still living on my own... With the help of my parents, of course.
-Different city, different school, different car. (same as last year)
-More experienced; I'd say the last year of my life has been the most eye-opening and enjoyable year I've lived. <-- I can say the same about 2010
-Finally started going to the gym. (So far in over a year, I've dropped about 70 pounds)
-I marched Sac State drumline this past Winter and Fall.
-I'm more appreciative of family, and I'm more in touch with my Dad than I've ever been. (Much more so in 2010.)
-I'm smarter, in an academic sense. Probably wiser too. (Definitely true-er this year after becoming a TA for 2 Psyc classes, and actually doing Psyc research)
-I changed majors. (Still a Psyc major)
-NO MORE BRACES (Straight teeth FTW)

Now, what has stayed the same?

-I'd say I'm still Raymond. I'm still the same guy you've known (or once known).
-I love music & drumming (same as before).
-I still procrastinate ALMOST EVERYTHING.
-I still fall for girls way too easily. <-- Hmmm, this *might* have changed
-I still crack jokes that aren't funny. haha. (My Psyc 101 students can attest to this)

Good or bad, what's different and stayed the same is who I am now. I'm still developing as an adult. It's exciting. (STILL,VERY TRUE TODAY)

So it's been 2 years since I've started this blog. A lot has changed since my first post. I'm very glad that I still have this blog as a way of, "fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth" (Stolen from Baz Luhrmann's "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)" song.)

Anyway, today... I finished my last day of college instruction. I have 2 finals next Thursday, and I'll be done with college (undergrad, that is). Graduate school is coming soon.

Friday the 17th, 12pm, Arco Arena. Graduation. I can't wait.

No comments: